StarDodgeBall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elimination Mode Has Arrived!

3 posters

Go down

Elimination Mode Has Arrived! Empty Elimination Mode Has Arrived!

Post  rut Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:54 pm

***Note that this has been published to the US server only--I still need to update my other game clients which will take some time.***

Hey everyone! Just released a new patch with Elimination Mode and some bug/balance fixes (sorry no new perks or the passing ability, but will be adding those soon). No doubt there will be bugs so please report them so I can stamp them out ASAP!

Right now Elimination Mode is like the final round played multiple times (first to three wins). You are awarded 1 mineral per kill and 10 minerals between rounds (note that this will prevent "snowballing" quite a bit, though there is a small benefit for scoring kills). All the upgrades are the same price and behave in the same manner.

I'm considering this a "rough draft" in a lot of ways. If we need to rework the health system, change the upgrades around, or do anything else of that sort, I'm very open to making changes.

Hopefully this game mode adds to the fun factor of the game! Thanks for all your help and support!

rut
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Elimination Mode Has Arrived! Empty Re: Elimination Mode Has Arrived!

Post  PierceSc2 Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:30 pm

need more time to pick or need elimination to be default. Everyone gets forced into standard and no one will pick elimination lol.

How will lives/ resspawn dodgeball work?

btw got to test it 1v1 and it seems much more fun with the bo5 system. I think it elimination mode should be the standard mode

also if you have not done so, a reddit thread would be good to help promote this game. If it is well received I think you should make a new post when you have major updates

PierceSc2

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm

I think there should be just an option between Standard mode and Elimination mode. After choosing one, one must pick between team or free for all play.

Zergling

Back to top Go down

Post  rut Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Yeah I'll be updating frequently to iron out bugs and fix things up.

Since it's new, I'll go ahead and make Elimination Mode default so people get a chance to try it out.

For tomorrow's update:
-Elimination Mode as default setting
-Music for Round 5
-More indication of the round and the teams' scores

Right now purchasing extra lives will allow you to survive being killed, just like the last round of a normal match. I should note that if you buy an extra life (bringing your total to 2) before the second round and then die twice and are eliminated, you'll still have two lives going into the third round. I don't know if that clears anything up, but it works in pretty much the simplest way possible.

@ Zergling, My goal is to have it set up like you've described so that Elimination Rules can be applied to both Teams and FFA games, but I needed to start with just the Standard Game Mode and I'll be adding FFA Elimination a little later. Come to think of it, there's no reason I can't make it so after you pick the Standard Team Game, you can then vote on Elimination Mode vs Standard. Do you think that would help?

rut
rut
rut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rut Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 am

Just released an update making Elimination Mode the default game type and adding an additional piece of music for Elimination Mode's third round.

rut
rut
rut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elimination Mode Has Arrived! Empty default

Post  dodgebal Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:22 pm

hey rut, I also put this in the suggestion threat, but I think there are a number of players that prefer standard play. I think it would be best to have random as default so that if players have a preference, they have a better chance of getting what they want. Otherwise it will always prefer the mode that is default.

dodgebal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down