StarDodgeBall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events

4 posters

Go down

You want random Events?

Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events I_vote_lcap50%Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events I_vote_lcap50%Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events I_vote_lcap0%Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events Empty Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events

Post  Juggernaut Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 am

Hey guys, i wanna suggest some Units for the game.

Probe:

Offensive Ability <Dodgeball Pylon> The Probe places a pylon that takes 10 sec to build, the pylon produces evry 15sec a dodgeball or a greatball. (With the first upgrade it gives a chance to spawn an ultra ball and second upgrade chance to spawn a masterball)

Defensive Ability <Chrono Boost> The probe can select a friendly or hero or it self to get a speed buff that lasts for 10 sec ( Upgrades increase the speed)

Raven:

Offensive Ability <Airstrike> Raven marks a spot on the map, after some sec some banshees are bombing the area for a short time and leave after then. (Upgrades increase the damage or the cooldown?)

Defensive Ability <Point Defense Drone> Raven deploys a drone that will stay for 5-10 sec destroying all incoming THROWED dodgeballs. The drone can max destroy 2 Balls (not masterballs) (upgrades increase the cooldown)

Now to my second Suggestion: Events

Can there be like random events that will increase for example the speed in the game on both teams for some sec, or "dodgeball frenzy" spawns alot of dodgeballs that are lasting for like 10 sec.

but anyways thanks for reading Wink

-Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events Empty Re: Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events

Post  Chickenman Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:33 am

Overall:
1. What are the unit stats?
2. An upgrade would decrease the cooldown of an ability, not increase it.

Probe:
1. 10 sec build time for the pylon feels too long, possibly decrease it?
2. Possibly have chrono speed up balls thrown as well. Entirely open to discussion.

Raven:
1. For upgrading his PDD, I would have it shoot down more balls and/or last longer, not have the stereotypical shorter cooldown that just about every other ability seems to have.
2. How big would airstrike be? Would it stun the units hit too?
Chickenman
Chickenman

Back to top Go down

Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events Empty @Chicken

Post  Juggernaut Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Well, im sorry for my mistakes, english isnt my first language you know Wink but thanks for correcting me. Smile And of course i mean decrease...and well i dont decide the stats this is ruts choice not mine Razz

Good Day

-Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events Empty Re: Unit Suggestion (Probe and Raven) and Events

Post  Chickenman Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:55 pm

I wasn't trying to correct your English; the increase/decease thing is all to common because people don't tend to think it over.
Chickenman
Chickenman

Back to top Go down

Post  rut Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Hey, thanks for the ideas! I get a lot of suggestions for new abilities and units, and what I usually do is take the ones I like and then kind of remake them "my own way." An example is the Dark Templar, which a guy proposed as a unit with the ability to throw an invisible dodgeball and to cloak. You can see how I took the concept and remade it into something I felt "fit" into the game a little better.

I think there's a lot of potential in your ability suggestions. I like the idea of making a structure that periodically produces dodgeballs, making it a high priority target. I'm sure I'll be making a Raven unit too with PDD being the defensive ability (I'm thinking they would last only a short while but would shoot down all enemy dodgeballs that get too close). The Air Strike ability could feasibly go with several different Terran units (I think most people would expect a Raven to have a Seeker Missile ability of some sort).

As for events, I was thinking of having a special sort of "powerup" that periodically, randomly (like maybe once per match) appears and would reward whoever can hit it with a dodgeball by buffing their team or spawning a large number of dodgeballs or something else of the sort. It's still just in the vague idea phase, but I think it's definitely a cool idea to consider!

On the side, I want to say that you'll be seeing four new units pretty quickly--I've finished the abilities and just need to work them into the UI and AI!

rut
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PierceSc2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:57 pm

nice rut, can't wait for the new units.

PierceSc2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum