StarDodgeBall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best/Worst/Favorite/Least-Favorite

+2
RuffRidah
rut
6 posters

Go down

Best/Worst/Favorite/Least-Favorite Empty Best/Worst/Favorite/Least-Favorite

Post  rut Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Well, now that this forum has been discovered, let's start talking about the game! In this thread, please post what you think are the best unit, the worst, and what your most/least favorite units to play are, and of course your reasoning behind each one. I'll start it off!

Best: Reaper
Worst: Ghost
Favorite: Infestor
Least Favorite: Roach

I think the Reaper is the best because it has great stats, and its defensive ability directly and effectively makes up for its one blaring weakness. I've nerfed the cooldown for the Reaper's Freebie Shield repeatedly, but even if you could only use it once per life, it's still very powerful!

The Ghost is probably the worst because it has such low health and no ability to defend itself whatsoever. Even though I find myself scoring lots of kills with the EMP + dodgeball combination, I can't help but die repeatedly when I play him.

My favorite changes all the time, but right now I love playing the Infestor. It's always a great feeling to steal powerful dodgeballs from enemies, and my absolute favorite tactic is to use retrieve to recover a Masterball that I've just missed with. The Infestor's Fungal Lob, combined with a Masterball, also creates a huge instant-kill explosion, meaning I can sometimes score big multikills with it!

My least favorite to play is the Roach, because his stun is just so long and comes out so quick, I feel guilty every time I connect with it--especially if I have a Masterball in my hands.

All right, your turn!
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Best/Worst/Favorite/Least-Favorite Empty Re: Best/Worst/Favorite/Least-Favorite

Post  RuffRidah Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 am

Wow, that really coincided with a game I played yesterday, someone complaining about how Ghost is bad and Reaper is OP. So I told him "why don't you go Reaper and win every game?"

Needless to say, I stomped his Reaper.

Best: not sure
Worst: not sure
Favorite: Stalker
Least: not sure

RuffRidah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mephisto Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Best: Reaper
Worst: Zealot
Favorite: Stalker
Least: Tank

I think the reaper is currently the strongest char because it is hard to hit and has his strong defensive ability which makes him survie more shots than other chars (i know the reaper has no health at start, but im talking about the average shots you propably need to hit and kill a char, and its very hard to hit a reaper, and if you do, his imbabubble just disappears Wink )

The Zealot is in my opinion the worst, because hes kinda the weakest of the starting chars, and why should you play zealot when you can play stalker or marine? Laughing

My favourite Char is the Stalker, he has no really big weakness in the first round, so you can score some kills without dying too often. and after you boosted his skills, he just gets awesome in the hands of a good player, like me Laughing ( im currently rank 6 master, so i know at least somehow what i do) the stalker also needs a good amount of skill to be played really good, youve gotta use his blink very often to avoid shots or grab the best dodgeballs. so he is really fun to play

My least favourite is the tank, hes just fat and slow, and youll never get any dodgeballs especially if you have some fast chars as teammates like muta stalker marine.

Mephisto

Back to top Go down

Post  rut Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Wow Mephisto, I never thought I'd see someone call the Siege Tank their least-favorite unit. To me there is nothing more satisfying than insta-killing a Marine with a perfect Megaball hit! But it is true that it's no fun if you can't get a dodgeball, and the Siege Tank has nothing going for it in that regard.
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  noxn Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:14 am

Best: Stalker
Worst: Ghost/Marine
Favorite: Sentry
Least Favorite: Ghost

The best was a toss up between stalker, reaper, and roach for me. After the nerfs, I don't think reaper is quite as strong. Stalker is super tanky, though, and very easy to get killstreaks for that reason. The power is decent and the mobility is amazing. I feel that even if you can't score killstreaks, you'll still never go 0-10 as a stalker.

I don't like ghost or marine because they're slow and squishy early on. I feel like it's really hard to get killstreaks on either of them.

My favorite was between senty or SCV. I like how both of them have to consider the terrain so heavily to use their abilities and I like how they both have the support aspect where you can help your teammates out. Seeing someone use their defensives for the sole purpose of saving a teammate is something that I don't see very much.

Least favorite is ghost just because I feel like it's pretty plain and boring. Also, because it's hard to get killstreaks and that's the main perk of the game for me.

noxn

Back to top Go down

Post  Bani Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:07 am

Worst: Marine
Fav: Infestor/Scv/Roach
Least Fav: Marine

Stalker is good in every way but just good enough in all of those ways to be overpowered. Its health is so high that you can take trades for kills all the time or accrue a massive killstreak. Its speed is high enough to dodge anything coming its way besides maybe a tank E + ultraball (then all you do is blink away). It's power is enough to score kills on average speed units. For high speed enemies all you need to do is blink close and point-blank oneshot them or land an e (which even without upgrading means guaranteed kills). If you use blink to kill people instead of stealing your teammate's dodgeballs then you're going to get an insane amount of kills no matter what.
EDIT: turns out stalker was tanky due to a bug that rut fixed! (https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com/t53-i-can-t-believe-i-did-this-stalker-health). I will pay close attention to stalkers now to see how they fare against other units.

Marine is worst and least favorite because it has low hp, avg to low speed, avg power, easy to dodge E, and not very powerful R. The only use of a marine is a gimmick strategy of maxing E and respawn masterball and dying over and over and rezzing just to R to the middle and then E across the enemy's area.
As a suggestion to improve the marine, I'd say either increase power by 1 or health by 1 at the cost of speed (but I understand you try to avoid this), or give stimpack a unique effect like spawns a random dodgeball every 2 seconds for the length of stimpack (adjust the probability of great/ultra/master to be lower so that its not overpowered). For the marine's E, I would suggest adding a direction mechanic (if thats possible) so that the marine can choose to spray the balls over a certain radius instead of it being random. For example, the marine can choose to start the E to the right, then point the direction of the cone left in attempt to cover a certain area like a delayed great/ultra ball.

My favorites all have in common the ability to do something unique outside of different ways to throw a ball or run away. The added dimension to these units makes them more enjoyable because you have more in mind then get ball--> throw it at enemy. You can try wacky things with them and maybe pull something special off. I would add sentry into the mix but I feel its power is too low for me to enjoy getting sick forcefields off because when I throw my killing blow it does 1/6th of their health.

Bani

Back to top Go down

Post  iDFrash Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:49 am

Worst: Muta
Favorite: SCV
Least Favorite: Thor in FFA

The best was probably reaper imo. If you just activated your shield, then played very passive/safe until your CD was over for another shield, you would rarely die, along with its starting superior speed and power to gain early kills. However, since it was nerfed, Stalker takes the spot as the best unit. It's speed makes it so that you can easily dodge early game throws, it is quite tanky, and blink is such a versatile ability which can be used as both offense and defense.

I believe Muta is the worst unit mainly because of it's low health. I don't think it's defensive ability is good enough to compensate for the lack of health it has. If someone paid attention as you casted R, they can easily differentiate between which is the real one. The CD needs to be faster, or the Muta needs a slight health increase. I also find E hard to actually land on people, especially later in the game when they're faster. After a round or two it's almost useless unless you're spending your minerals on it. Whereas I feel the E's on other units are almost always useful even without upgrading.

My favourite would probably be SCV. I find it's abilities very fun to use. Both the E and R can be used both defensively and offensively. It's always a good laugh when you time out your R perfectly and have your opponents ball smack him back in the face (though often times I don't and it ends up hitting me anyway Crying or Very sad ). E is quite useful which you can use to run behind when needed, or even used in panic to block an incoming ball while ur R is on CD.

All of my friends normally select random when we play. When we do FFA, Thor is definitely the worst unit to get. Since Thor is a team supporter, in FFA you won't be getting many kills. Using E is just setting yourself up to be bombarded by balls from every direction. I also find Thor quite boring in general. Perhaps allow him to use E in conjunction with a ball to allow it to get some kills?

iDFrash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum