StarDodgeBall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map, Perk, Mode?

2 posters

Go down

Map, Perk, Mode? Empty Map, Perk, Mode?

Post  Zergling Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:03 am

-Map
Could you make a FFA or standard map with icy floors like in Ice Baneling Escape or POLAR SHIFT?

-Perk
+20% cooldown reduction at very low health.
+10% movement speed after using an ability.

-Mode
Juggernaut/King of the Hill? This would use the FFA maps.

-Zergling-

Zergling

Back to top Go down

Map, Perk, Mode? Empty RE: Map, Perk, Mode?

Post  Zergling Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:07 am

-Perk
The 10% movement speed would fade away after a few seconds.

Zergling

Back to top Go down

Map, Perk, Mode? Empty Re: Map, Perk, Mode?

Post  rut Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Hey Zergling!

Regarding maps with icy floors, I would love to try and make something like that, but I don't currently have any idea how to go about doing so. I've experimented with deceleration before and from what I can tell, pretty much all ground units will decelerate instantaneously regardless of how you change their movement stats (air units, on the other hand, can experience deceleration and curved turns). Getting that to affect units when in certain regions may be possible, but I'll have to do some research into it.

Regarding new Game Modes, I hadn't every considered a juggernaut game type before. I imagine it'd be a fun FFA variant though and will definitely be thinking about it. I had considered making a King of the Hill game mode before but have it based on teams, rather than FFA, with each team trying to control the center shared area as much as possible.

Here's how KOTH looks in my head. Imagine there are 3 or 4 rounds, and the final round is what determines the winner. The first three rounds are based on time and you get minerals for scoring kills. However, the longer your team stays in the center "Hill," the more your "score" adds up. On the last round, the amount of time you need to stand in the hill is determined by how much "score" you earned up to that point (ie the higher your score, the longer the enemy team needs to be in the hill on the final round to win the game). Infinite respawns all around, even in the last round. Anyway, that's just sort of my initial idea on the subject.

The Perk ideas are interesting--I'll be thinking of a perk that can lower ability cooldowns without breaking the game (maybe at half health or something like that). The speed boost based on ability usage might be a little too unit-dependent (imagine how often the Immortal would get to use it via Hardened Shields vs a unit like the Muta, who has two long-cooldown abilities).

Anyway, thanks for the ideas! For now I'm focusing on new units--it's my goal to release at least 1 new unit each Friday until I run out of ideas (wish me luck!). However, the two game modes you proposed are definitely something fun to think about.

Thanks!
rut
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Map, Perk, Mode? Empty Re: Map, Perk, Mode?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum