StarDodgeBall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Update

3 posters

Go down

Quick Update Empty Quick Update

Post  rut Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Hey StarDodgeBallers! Just wanted to give you guys a little update on what's going on with the game.

Creating the most recent 4 units was actually a lot more difficult than I anticipated (abilities like Catch, Toxic, and Phase Shield were all way harder to make than I envisioned), and wanting to push them out within a reasonable amount of time, I managed to burn myself out with the Editor. I hardly touched the Editor last week in order to clear my head and reorganize my priorities, and now I'm getting ready again to start adding some new features!

My current project is Elimination Mode, a highly, highly requested game mode that will basically be a series of elimination rounds with upgrading time in between. I've already begun work on that and it's coming along pretty well!

After that I want to work on adding more perks, both in the form of specialized death-effects for enemies you kill, and also I might start laying the foundation for "competitive" perks (note that these would be unlockable, but for tournaments there will be a gamemode that has them all unlocked as default so there's no unfair advantages in a competitive setting).

There are also a slew of other features that people have recommended--don't worry, I have them on a list and will start to implement them too!

Also, I should mention that Pierce has graciously expressed interest in hosting a FFA tournament in the near future. I'll be talking with him and will bring forth details when they come!

Thanks for all your help and support--you guys rock!
rut
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Quick Update Empty Re: Quick Update

Post  PierceSc2 Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:45 pm

sounds good man! I'd love to see an elimination mode and I think it will be better than the traditional one.

Random side note: Respawn taking 0 seconds kind of sucks. You randomly jump into the battle and sometimes lose track of where you are. It would make more sense for it to be something like 3 imo!

PierceSc2

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:07 pm

This FFA tournament sounds like a lot of fun, what are the details if any at this point?

I also agree that a time limit should be added and I too get lost sometimes.
I'd suggest a 1-2 second cooldown, not too long, but not too short.

-Zergling

Zergling

Back to top Go down

Post  rut Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Sorry, no details on the FFA tournament yet.

And the instant respawn was actually a bizarre bug that I had never checked for that was caused by fixing the Hellion/Firebat infinite lives glitch. It's been fixed but not published yet (I've been in the process of creating Elimination Mode and can't publsh it right now since it's still deep in "debugging mode").
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down