StarDodgeBall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MULE's OP status right here.

4 posters

Go down

MULE's OP status right here. Empty MULE's OP status right here.

Post  TurdPile Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:39 am

Well. I died laughing because this was the funniest thing ever with the MULE IMO. But I feel obligated to bring this to Rut's attention.
mediafire.com/?alxdl87axlg3dyf (starts @ 18:00)
My best friend was playing the MULE (FatalStrik3x), he was on bottom. Watch the destruction LOL.

You may want to rethink a maximum containment amount for the MULE.

-TP

P.S. Also you should add a maximum ball limit that can spawn on the map. The game starts to lag ALOT when too many balls are spawned in (especially in elimination, since less players to pick up ball when they die).
TurdPile
TurdPile

Back to top Go down

MULE's OP status right here. Empty Re: MULE's OP status right here.

Post  rut Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks for the replay! I watched it, and here's my thoughts about it.

Your MULE player did very well, but I don't think his success proves the MULE is op. If you notice, the other team had no unit capable of stunning the MULE or blocking its big attack--I think the success of the MULE was due more in part to the other team's unit composition and general lack of a focused strategy.

I've played some games with really good MULE player and it's entirely possible to stop them in their tracks, so long as you save your counters for the right time and predict their behaviors (I wrote a little guide in the Strategy section that goes a little more detail into this).

It's funny, I've literally played a game where the person (on my team) playing the MULE was complaining it was pathetically weak while at the same time the players on the other team were calling it overpowered! It's probably the hardest unit to play well, but the payoff is really good, mostly because people aren't sure how to properly combat it.

Regarding too many dodgeballs spawning, I wasn't aware that that could cause lag. Since dodgeballs are just units and have no periodic behaviors, I didn't think even a large number could hamper the game. However, it is probably a good idea regardless to cap the maximum number of dodgeballs that can be on the field at a given moment, so I'll work on that for a future patch.

Thanks!
rut
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RuffRidah Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Definitely not OP! It's not that he played well, the opposing team didn't play too well against his mule. Wink

RuffRidah

Back to top Go down

Post  PierceSc2 Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:15 pm

the only thing i don't like about the mule is that its ability takes 0 skill. You don't really have to aim and you are guaranteed to hit something because it spams so much lol. It would make more sense if some of its other stats were lower (like speed and hp)

A unit like stalker is really well designed because you have to be quick and have good decision making when you blink, and its slow ability has to be aimed as well.

PierceSc2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum