StarDodgeBall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StarDodgeBall: Tournament Scene?

4 posters

Go down

StarDodgeBall: Tournament Scene? Empty StarDodgeBall: Tournament Scene?

Post  noxn Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:24 am

This game reminds me a lot of smashcraft in that it has a variety of heroes to play with, has a simplistic playstyle, and still requires a lot of skill.

Not sure how big StarDodgeBall is right now, but my friends and I play it every night. It would be fun if eventually there was a tournament for it, even if there isn't a prize. Maybe a weekly thing just for fun. It could also spread the word about how fun the game is and maybe hit a wider audience. Obviously it's just a suggestion since I don't know who would organize/run it - I'm just posting about it to show that there is interest in case one is ever started.

The other thing I think you should consider is adding an ELO display. Matchmaking is set up by whoever joins the game, but it would still be fun to get +/-ELO based off your performance so you can see your rating! (Sorry I know this is the wrong section, but it's similar to the tournament thing).

noxn

Back to top Go down

StarDodgeBall: Tournament Scene? Empty Re: StarDodgeBall: Tournament Scene?

Post  rut Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:04 am

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the forum!

I would absolutely love to see a tournament, but in all honesty I feel vastly underqualified to host such a thing. My personal life is kind of all over the place and I can't commit to being in one place for an extended period of time, so I think to make it work I'd need to have some sort of "organizer" to really do it.

(On the side, I've been thinking of ways to give prizes to tournament winners--some sort of hidden extra dodgeball or something! Can't guarantee it, but I'd love to create some sort of incentive.)

As for an ELO sort of rating, I've had that request before so I'll definitely look into it. When Hero Attack started using that sort of rating, it confused the heck out of me so I tried to make this game's rating a little...simplified, but since there are people who appreciate that sort of rating, I'll definitely add it in!

rut
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TurdPile Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:04 pm

ELO-wise, i don't think you really need to make it THAT noticable.

I mean, removing the team selection and making it based on ELO is enough IMO. Teams get mad stacked if all higher level players choose one side.
TurdPile
TurdPile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mephisto Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 pm

if i wouldnt want to participate in it, i would propose myself as a host, i have some experience in hosting kinda small sc2 tournaments, but i would not do that alone i would need help. especially if the tournament gets big. but i would have the time for it , it also doesnt take that much. i would propose a tournament mode like the squad td tournament, they gave the players a certain period of time in which they had to make their matches (like maybe 2 weeks or so) and then went on to the next round and s.o. if its gonna be a 1vs1 tournament that mode would work, if its a team tournament its kinda hard for the teams to set a certain date where everyone in the team has the time to play

Mephisto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down