StarDodgeBall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone played WARLOCK before? which is a WC3map.

2 posters

Go down

Has anyone played WARLOCK before? which is a WC3map.  Empty Has anyone played WARLOCK before? which is a WC3map.

Post  nuck001 Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:22 am

STARDODGEBALL is the best arena map of SC2 in my opinion.I enjoy it so much as to forget eating or sleeping Smile Good work Rut!

I wonder whether you guys have played WARLOCK,which is an amazing wc3map.Its way of playing is very similer to STARDODGEBALL. However,players in WARLOCK usually knock/push/bash/force their oppenents to the outer zone which is filled with lava,while players in STARDODGEBALL usually get close to their opponents and BANGBANGBANG~

Though the strategy of these two games is different,STARDOGEBALL can draw lessons from WARLOCK,which already existed for 4 years and still updating.

For example,when we are hit by a ball,some knockback would be reasonable.When two balls dash against each other,they'll be disappered.When two players get too close,they will push each other away,not overlapping.Sorry about my poor English,but you can understand,don't you? I'm suggesting that every elements of the map be physic logical.

It would be lovely that you add some WARLOCK spells into STARDODGEBALL,such as TIME SHIFT,LINK,Meteor,Drain...etc.

Anyway,wish STARDODGEBALL be more and more popular!

nuck001

Back to top Go down

Has anyone played WARLOCK before? which is a WC3map.  Empty Re: Has anyone played WARLOCK before? which is a WC3map.

Post  rut Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:20 am

Thanks for the post!

Unfortunately a physics system is very difficult to implement. I don't plan on changing the core mechanics of the game (people being thrown from the force of dodgeball hits) because I'm content with how things work at the moment. Actually it'd be kind of cool to make that a perk--giving your dodgeballs knockback.

That being said, I have not played the WC3 game you're talking about but am intrigued to hear new ideas about abilities. Could you share some of the abilities from that game that you think would work well in StarDodgeBall?

Thanks!
rut
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Has anyone played WARLOCK before? which is a WC3map.  Empty Re: Has anyone played WARLOCK before? which is a WC3map.

Post  nuck001 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Of course,there're several spells in WARLOCK you might be interested in.

a) Boomerang
Cast a magically enhanced shuriken,which will return to its caster.

b) Drain
Cast a missile which will steal life.Has two modes:Slow and Weaken.

c) Bouncer
Cast missile which will bounce between its targets.The damage will be reduced 20% each hit until it reaches minimum.

d) Swap
Shoot a projectile,which will change your location with its target,which includes not only pillars but also other players.

e) Meteor
Calls a meteor to strike from the skies or summon one in front of you.Has two modes:Meteorite and Magma.Magma grows when hitting enemy missiles.

f) Splitter
Cast a bolt which splits into small projectiles.Has two modes:Target and Area.
Target:Bolts will be released when the splitter missiles collides.
Area:Bolts are released from the splitter missile in a circulating pattern.

g) Time Shift
Travel 3 seconds back in time.You will travel in time and recover your location,hitpoints and momentum when you cast the spell.A part of damage points is still recieved.Despels negative buffs.

h) Link
Creates a force between you and your target,damaging your target while the bond is up.Has two modes:Hook and Induction.
Hook:Pulls warlocks toward you or yourself toward pillars.
Induction:Pulls yourself toward enemy warlocks.Induces a lightning between you and target,if target is ally or pillars.

i) Silence
Silence targets' spells.

j) Gravity
Cast a missile to pull enemy with gravitational forces,slowing down enemy while dealing massive damage.

k) Scourge
It's a common spells for all warlocks.Damage nearby warlocks by 10 including yourself.Warlocks struck by scourge are knocked back.

There are some other spells in WARLOCK I didn't mention which don't fit the gameplay of DODGEBALL in my opinion. I hope these spells be helpful to your future versions. flower

nuck001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum