StarDodgeBall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drop it like it's HOT!!!

2 posters

Go down

Drop it like it's HOT!!! Empty Drop it like it's HOT!!!

Post  Zergling Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:46 pm

So while I was playing I've come across a small problem with teamwork. I've had several teammates playing as tank, but they cannot reach some of the special balls in time when they could use them better than other players. What if I, a faster player such as a Mutalisk, could pick up say an Ultraball and drop back down on the floor next to the teammate, the slow moving Siege Tank, who could use it better than me? I think this change to the game would increase the level of teamwork within the games.

Zergling

Back to top Go down

Drop it like it's HOT!!! Empty Re: Drop it like it's HOT!!!

Post  rut Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Hey Zergling!

I've actually considered the idea of having a "pass" button that would allow you to give dodgeballs to other players on your team, but I eventually decided against it.

The issue I have is that it could become very possible to "break" the game by assembling a team of 1 tank and 3 units that are quick at getting dodgeballs (Infestors, Stalkers, etc.) and then constantly having them pass to the Tank. That being said, it would be relatively easy to create a pass command and try it out if people are interested.

Pros:
More diverse team-interaction
More options
Would allow people to help out weaker allies

Cons:
Could be easily abusable
Could possibly break the game

Let's have a discussion about it! What do you guys think?

rut
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Drop it like it's HOT!!! Empty Re: Re: Drop it like it's HOT!!!

Post  Zergling Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Well, adding a passing ability would bring together teams more and give more competition between teams battling in StarDodgeBall Tournaments as some were talking about. Helping players in need would increase the enjoyment of playing when a team shares balls more than hogging them. Passing balls among teammates could be an ability just like any other. The only thing limiting people from using their special abilities are themselves.

Not adding this would keep the Mule as an overpowered character with the ability to drop balls to other teammates in need.
One way to nerf the the mule would be to:
1. 1 gathered ball shoots out 1 ball instead of 2.
2. Hostile incoming balls are also gathered by the mule as a defensive maneuver to gather more balls.

"Here catch!" (^ '.')> --=O )<('.'<) "Thanks mate."

Zergling

Back to top Go down

Drop it like it's HOT!!! Empty Re: Drop it like it's HOT!!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum