StarDodgeBall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stalker's freezing ability lasts too long!

3 posters

Go down

Stalker's freezing ability lasts too long! Empty Stalker's freezing ability lasts too long!

Post  TurdPile Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Hey Rut.. Recently had a couple games where i got zapped by stalker and I feel like it lasts perhaps 1-2 seconds too long than it should.

I saved a replay so you could check it out. In the action of a game, things move fast, so abilities that effect speed should not last too long:
mediafire.com/?c1179u0qpzxen3n
I'm the zealot on the bottom. Focus on Rounds 2 and 4 I believe.

Check it out and lmk your take on it.

BTW, if you are wondering why i am zealot @ lv4, its because zealot was the unit that we used in Brood War Dodgeball LOL

Last edited by TurdPile on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Mention specific rounds.)
TurdPile
TurdPile

Back to top Go down

Stalker's freezing ability lasts too long! Empty Re: Stalker's freezing ability lasts too long!

Post  rut Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I actually agree it lasts just a touch longer than necessary, especially considering how strong the slowing effect is. So the question is, would it be better to make the slow less significant but last the long time it currently does, or should the duration be reduced?

I've been nerfing the Stalker's Blink in order to put it back on the same level as the other Tier 1 units, but applying a slight nerf to Particle Disruptors would help achieve that goal too.

Thanks!
rut
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stalker's freezing ability lasts too long! Empty Re: Stalker's freezing ability lasts too long!

Post  TurdPile Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:49 pm

I think increasing the speed a TINY bit, because you are practically stopped. And reducing the time spent under the effect by a tiny bit as well.
I think both can be flip flopped... like speed or duration vs a little of speed AND duration.
TurdPile
TurdPile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bani Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 am

In its current state I think the slow is a kill on any unit that has less than 3 hits left because the slow so potent and lasts so long. Personally I suggest decreasing its duration so that the stalker has to use the opportunity quickly (perhaps blinking to a ball in order to get a throw off). I think it allows the stalker's ability to synergize which makes the unit more fun to pull off moves that involve multiple abilities. Also if the duration is decreased, the victim has a chance to dodge incoming throws by expecting the enemies throwing to be hurried and less precise or focused.

Bani

Back to top Go down

Post  rut Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 am

I'm gong to go ahead and nerf the duration, but I also want to say that since the Stalker's OP status was due to it accidentally having the same health as the Thor, I won't be nerfing it as much as I originally intended to. If the Stalker is still too strong, we can nerf it further!

rut
rut
rut
Admin

https://stardodgeball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down